Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012

Make a Wish....



Looking out my craft room window to the right is a gorgeous blue sky and to the left are dark ominous looking clouds once again so looks like we are in for more rain #+*&^%$###!!  Suppose it does mean more time to craft - I am up to date with HW and washing is in the machine tho it won;t be getting hung on the line today unless between showers!!

Before I show you my card for today I would like to share something else with you. Chrissy posted a gorgeous peak into her home and I would like to show you something I treasure too....

For the Scots amongst you, you will immediately recognise Ma, Pa and the Bairn from The Broons of Glebe Street in the Sunday Post newspaper - my Mam bought us this after we had moved south and I will treasure it forever. Reminds us constantly of our roots.

Today's card I actually sat and coloured the other night but looking at my colouring I think I need to plead with Graham to get me one of those daylight lamps that some of you have.....

 I followed Sugar Nellie's Sketch (great sketch girls)....and wanted to have a vibrant card this time.  I don;t know about you guys but I want from time to time make really colourful cards with lots on them but other times want to try CAS.  Don't find CAS easy tho but am getting there as I have some to share with you soon...
Ingredients:~
Fairy Tale rubber stamp from Simply Sassy range at Funky Kits;
DPs are from Grace Taylor Blossoms 12x12 paper pack;
Sizzix Die Cuts Vine No 2;
Promarkers - sorry forgot to write down colours and
Gems from stash.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:~
The Sugar Bowl Marie Therese's sketch;
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Anything Goes and
The Paper Shelter Picture Inspiration.

Thanks so much for visiting today and do come back tomorrow as we have a brand new Challenge over at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days.




11 comments:

  1. Looks fine to me - rather a nice one. I can't find those daylight bulbs anywhere at all. Certainly makes a difference - I used to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your image looks great Sheila but I know what you mean I have stopped colouring later at night because they looks so scary in the morning!!! lol Love the card anyway the colours you have used are perfect!

    How nice to keep sharing something special especially when it has such a lovely meaning to you!

    Hope you are well Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Sheila and loved your Broons :o)
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, love your shading....

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card sheila.i love this sassy and your bold colours are stunning ;D
    i got my daylight lamp from argos, only prob i have is i can`t find a replacement bulb anywhere, wanted to get one as a spare.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just seen your added bit with your glimpse into the home fun game - its lovely and what a nice treasure to keep too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheila this is beautiful I really love your colouring of that gorgeous image , the frame, papers and design look wonderful, thank you for joining our challenge this week at The Paper Shelter.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Ilove it!!!! I got a daylight lamp with a magnifier from Argos for a really good price and would be lost without it now. Thankyou so much for joining us at TPS last week xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Sheila :-) such a lovely image beautifully coloured :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and guess what !! you are our lucky winner this week !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Sheila, gorgeous card and what a win!
    hugs Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really stunning! Fantastic colours and great take on the sketch!

    Thanks so much for playing with us in The Sugar Bowl.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ~ do come back soon.
Wishing you a Happy Day, Sheila:)X